• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Workshop and the inside out pump

Started by Barney, May 20, 2011, 05:07:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Talking of rusty green corrugated buildings , here are a couple of shots of the old village hall(from behind) of the neighbouring hamlet to where I live . It is a split level building and access to the hall is from the other side .

Nick

shropshire lad

And the other one

Barney

Nick
My buildings a village hall too - was this the thing to do build them out of tin ? has anybody got photos of anything simular to this type of building to add to my thoughts list for a small workshop
Barney

Gordon Ferguson

Here's a site with some you may like, there are a couple I have thought about as small one offs

http://www.secretscotland.org.uk/index.php/Secrets/CorrugatedIronBuildings#Lenzie_Nissen_hut_barn

If you search corrugated iron, have a look at some of the Australian sites they have great examples but the weathering is obviously completely different
Gordon

Junior

Really nice prototype pictures! Footprint sounds small for all that equipment but I´m sure you have it all figured out.

Anders  ;D

shropshire lad

Barney ,

Whilst I am by no means sure about what I am saying , I think many of these village halls date from after the First World War and were probably bought "mail order" and delivered by train in kit form . This was also the case for many small parish churches , known as "Tin Tabernacles" , most of which are no longer in use . Here is the website , www.tintabernacles.com that is the one to look at . There was one about ten miles from me that has been turned into a house . Well , I say turned into a house , what I mean is all the nice bits , like windows and barge boards have been incorporated into the new structure , but the rest has been removed . Fortunately I took some pictures of it before it was ruined . The challenge for me will be to find them !

Nick

michael mott

Barney, beautiful work on the machinery, I admire your clean workmanship with the styrene. Could you give some information about the crank wheels and various handles and such?

regards Michael

Barney

Michael - Hand wheels are steering wheels(from the scrap box) and photo etch from kits in various scales (if it looks right use it) the PE ones I think are for HO&O scales from Wizard Models but make nice small hand wheels for larger scales I have found some nice wheels in Some of the 1/35th Artillery Gun kits and also gearboxes and gears in these kits that I have collected over the years - the lever controls I use brass hand rail knobs in various sizes & scales with a small bit of brass wire glued in place and cut to the length required .The ABER-PE German width poles I also use for levers and can also be used as gear levers they are nice and fine -I tend to under scale components to give them the finer look.Other components I have used are from Grandt Line brake wheels and Precision Scale hand wheels and valves

Gordon Ferguson

That "red" one looks suspiciously like an Airfix one!!!!!!!!!
Gordon

Mr scratchmod

Was wondering the same, now I know and will start collecting hand wheels  ;D I've bookmarked this thread for future ref when I do decide to do some machinery. Looking forward to more.
Rob

Barney

marc_reusser

Love those green corrugated buildings. Thanks for posting them.

Thanks also for the PE hand-wheel resource. Just ordered a bunch from them.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

michael mott

Barney, thanks for the detailed explanation.

Michael

Barney

Completed the compressor so that it can now have a visit to the paint shop and just finished off a single cylinder diesel engine and dismantled water pump which will end up out side the workshop in a poor state of repair in a rotting shed. Construction was the usual use of Lego blocks and some acrylic rod detailed up with Lion Roar and Grandt Line nuts and bolts and bits from the junk box bit more cleaning up to do and a few PE brackets to complete and its off to the paint shop with the compressor.
Barney