• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New AK Weathering Magazine

Started by marc_reusser, June 15, 2012, 10:52:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Something to fill the lull between the Modelers Annuals.  ;)

BREAKING NEWS FROM AK
We just recived an exciting information and some pics refering to a new product... that will be released in few days. It is a new Magazine in english totally dedicated to the weathering. Like the tittle say, it will be the weathering magazine, a publication that will show only modelling techniques with detailed step by steps by some of the best modellers. The weathering and the paint effects will be the only subject, so, don't expect plastic kit reviews, construction techniques or other stuff. The weathering will be the main subject and the first issue attack the RUST and everything that is involved in this popular effect. The rust will be presnt in not only tanks, but in robots, ships, civil cars and much more, inlcuding color profiles, photo references and many, many tips. The magazine will inlcude a nice surprise that we cannot say here, but will be something really exciting and fresh. Don't miss it, because the modelling will be a bit more fun since the moment you open this new publication. The realse date will be this month 100% sure, so...just wait a bit more. 8 Euros will be the cost and will be released each 3 months by now.

Will be available in print format, and digital version for the iPad.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

shropshire lad

Mmm, there seems to be some familiar looking models on the front cover !  Definitely a magazine that looks like worth buying . Even if it is just to see some of Marc's finished models .

I guess we won't be seeing it in our local newsagents next to Russ's favourite periodicals !

Nick

finescalerr

Would this magazine have any articles by an administrator of this website? -- Russ

Andi Little

How does one get hold of this here publication?

Mail order? When,where?? I am so easily tempted, {the only thing I cannot resist}.
KBO..................... Andi.

marc_reusser

Will most likely be available from here, once it comes out: http://www.ak-interactive-usa.com/index.html

I will update/post info, if I find out anything more definite.

M-Works

mad gerald

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 16, 2012, 12:45:12 AM
Definitely a magazine that looks like worth buying.
... Methinks I'd like to purchase a printed copy too, as I do not have an iPad, but I'm afraid it wouldn't be available on the continent ...

Quote from: shropshire lad on June 16, 2012, 12:45:12 AM
... Even if it is just to see some of Marc's finished models ...
;D ;D ;D

Quote from: marc_reusser on June 16, 2012, 02:13:33 AM
I will update/post info, if I find out anything more definite.
... would be very much appreciated ...

marc_reusser

It's published out of Spain...so pretty sure it will be available in the EU.

M-Works

Design-HSB

Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

ginosega

This magazine looks very promising. I recently ordered some of AK's weathering effects, including their chipping fluid, and am excited to try them out. Marc, now we know what all the secrecy was about your Sands of Time build ;-) Looking forward to seeing that in all its glory.

Gino

Mobilgas

Craig

danpickard

Sounds like it could be a very handy printed how-to-guide on the one dedicated subject.  May just have to look into that one.  Thanks for the heads up Marc...and the shameless self plug by the looks  ;D

Cheers,
Dan

JESTER

Ray Dunakin

Interesting. I wonder though if the articles will all involve the use of the publishers products?

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

My project will likely be the weakest one. They contacted me two weeks before the article due date, so I had to pull out an old project that was far enough along and was suitable for the subject to meet the needs. (Not using that as an excuse...as, yes, it did give me the opportunity to finish a project ;D, but it also made me realize when I tried to get back on it, how weak the project was to begin with. Oh well....it's over...the project will shortly be off to a new home...and maybe if the article doesn't suck too much, I'll get the opportunity to do another one.)

Ray, we were not given the requirement to use their products. Though obviously when a mfr gives you the opportunity to participate in something like this, you try to return the favor by using their products when you can. (They wanted you to show your approach/ technique to a given situation...not learn,or change to, a new one just so you could showcase them) I used products from them, as well as others. I then provided the text/captions for each of my photos....from reading them on the preview page they appear to have edited and rewritten them somewhat...I assume they did this for everyones description, so as to get a cohesive feel and approach to the mag/contents.

I think of these mags as being mini FAQs....except instead of getting an SBS from one modeler for a specific effect, you get numerous approaches and on different subjects....thus letting you choose, adapt and combine, to suit your needs or build from.

M-Works

finescalerr

"My project will likely be the weakest one."

WRONG! It probably will be one of the stronger ones.

Russ