• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Bondic - UV curing glue

Started by Bexley, December 05, 2014, 06:04:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bexley

Bondic

I can think of about a million uses for this. If it's sandable (as they claim) it would make for a super speedy gap filler. Also, the fact that it doesn't dry out means it could be applied with something like a super fine hypodermic needle for gluing really tiny things. Plus, you could clean it up, tweak positioning, and get everything just so before hitting it with the UV light.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

finescalerr

You do seem to discover some very interesting products. -- Russ

SandiaPaul

I wonder how this stuff is different/better, etc...than the typical jeweler's UV glue, they are asking a lot more for it anyway...

http://www.esslinger.com/watch-crystal-glue-clear-uv-adhesive-thinner-viscosity.aspx

Paul
Paul

eTraxx

Ok. Looking at the company page, the starter kit ($21.90) comes with applicator, UV light and 4 gram tube of liquid plastic. The replacement cartridge is $12.59

http://notaglue.com/
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

mabloodhound

One drawback is it must be visible to light.   Couldn't be used in a hidden application.
But I can think of numerous other uses.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

finescalerr

Please explain what you mean. As I understood the description the only potential problem would be using it under bright light, mainly sunlight, where it would harden too soon. A hidden application should be fine, provided you can get the UV light inside to cause it to cure. Yes? No? -- Russ

Mr Potato Head

it's the same process that a dentist uses to set your crown, just keep your mouth closed when modeling ::)
;D ;D ;D
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

finescalerr

Gil, go stand in the corner. -- Russ

mabloodhound

What I was saying Russ, is that if you were trying to surface glue two non-transparent pieces together, the UV light wouldn't penetrate the item to harden the glue.   The only area that would harden is along the edges.   The portion underneath the surfaces would remain liquid.
But I do think this is an affordable item worth trying out.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

finescalerr

Thanks, Dave. Now I get it. -- Russ