• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

flat pack in 1-35 scale and dapto dogs.

Started by 1-32, June 25, 2015, 03:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

yes
the progress in the development of hobby finishes has been amazing.
i think we all should thank the military modellers for this,but still you have to have intelligence to use them.
cheers kim

1-32

good morning all happy new year.
busy time of the year for me wishing all good health for 2016.
as i have mentioned i am using n scale track and tiny rolling track for my flat pack module.
well here is a example of a mini' lister' that is perfect for the job.there is a quite a big following of mini garden railways typically using 10 and a 1/4 inch gauge but they can be re-gauged.n scale in 1/35 scale is -1 foot or 300 mm.yes i am working on a mock up and it works really well.

cheers kim

finescalerr

So you are creating a miniature of a miniature .... -- Russ

Design-HSB

Hi Kim,

that's an optimal template for an implementation as photoetching in nickel silver.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

1-32

hi russ and helmut.
yes minimal gauge railways i cant believe it the market is huge with all the suppliers having full books.just the thing to run around the back yard for gardening and collecting the fire wood.looking at the huge range the 1950 style garage is my favorite.2 big doors to open so you can run your half size lister plus wagons in out of the weather.it is a kit and made of plastic -cool.
my little model is really basic fabrication maybe that is what i like about it -straight to the point
cheers kim

1-32

hi all how are you all doing.
the top section  has taken its basic form, now it has to be dressed.i have been using brick by brick construction-great.white glue as a base just go for it.i like the sloppy tecknique.the top section is just a backdrop to the bottom section,i have the idear  but that will have to wait
kind regards kim.

finescalerr

I think the diorama may look better than any of your others at this stage of construction. -- Russ

1-32

hi all .
this is the mock up of my 300 mm or i foot gauge -9n35 scale now you can have fun in a really small space.the purpose on the flat pack is to run around and collect stuff little stuff.
kind regards kim.

Ray Dunakin

Nice mockup. It'll be a really neat little loco.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

1-32

evening all
my flat pack has moved down to the dock level.this is the section  will be in the water.the tunnel leads to the mysteries of the town great place to add over the top stuff.these sections of brick are all hand laid with ordinary plaster as grout.the steel beam is plastic.
cheers.

Bill Gill

Kim, That looks awful...in a really good way. Like the loose bricks and the colors.

Barney

Its defiantly got the "Grot" look - nice work
Barney

1-32

morning.
structural engineers really dont like me.
hey lets have some fun
cheers kim

finescalerr

Hydrostat

Kim,

that's got some disgustingly good atmosphere. I nearly can smell the area ... the stonework, decay, coloring look very good and got an very artistic touch. In spite of my foible for this artistic aspect those rivets seem a bit coarse and oversized to my mind's structural engineering side.

Cheers
Volker
I'll make it. If I have to fly the five feet like a birdie.
I'll fly it. I'll make it.

The comprehensive book about my work: "Vollendete Baukunst"