• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Saltie Sam's Seafood Emporium

Started by madmike3434, December 26, 2010, 05:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike3434

Here is a link to my photobucket account containing 12 pictures of an O scale diorama #505 that i finished last january 10th 2010 .

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x169/madmike3434/saltie%20sams%20eatery/

I originally got into a bar and restaurant building frenzy for a period last winter and this was one of the projects.  I sat down with a pile of grant line windows and doors and conjured up what you see on photo bucket.  The walls have nail head impressions and rear cook house vents are my castings.
I used northeastern scale lumber siding and also mt albert lumber, all bracing inside was done with 1/8" sq lumber fsm style.  The roofing is Builders in Scale real copper raised seam to the verigated green colour using a method i developed a few years ago.  The window curtains are builders in scale laser cut.  All vehicles are 1.43 Rio models of italy.
The sidewalk is all hydrocal plaster from my own molds and stained to weather using various alco ink washes.  The handmade trees are from a local guy at a swap meet. The wood building sits on a stone carved edged hydrocal casting.

Regarding the large tiger shark as a sign. I bought a large heffer and the shark plus a mermaid on ebay from various sellers. I had no idea which one i was going to use to finish the restaurant ,  until the end when it came time to decide.
madmike3434.....mike lynch

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World