• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

texture samples

Started by jacq01, December 20, 2010, 01:41:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacq01

found this :    http://www.cgtextures.com/

click on one of the items and new tabs open, very nice samples.  Check p.e.  leaking concrete. This must be candy for the weathering freaks.  ;D  ;D

Jacq

put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

Frederic Testard

Great site, Jacq. One more way to spend hours in front of the computer... :)
Frederic Testard

mabloodhound

I have that site saved in my favorites and use it when I want a texture on paper.   I recently used the board page to create some interior flooring on an old feed mill.   The area won't be seen clearly so a paper product was just as good as a real wood floor.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

finescalerr

If you do it right, you should be unable to differentiate a properly printed and textured paper floor from a wood one in scales smaller than 1:32/35. That website has some good stuff. I've had it bookmarked for about three years. Very good brick photos, for example. -- Russ