• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Where to get diamond tread plate for 1/24th scale?

Started by Ray Dunakin, October 08, 2010, 06:25:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

So far the only stuff I've seen is from Plastruct, and it looks way oversized.

I'm looking for something like what Ken used on his lumber stacker.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

narrowgauger

Ray

have a look at the 1:48 scale brass chequer plate from PSC, which in my view would be almost spot on for 1:24 scale.

Bernard

marc_reusser

Check some of the Military suppliers like 'Lion Roar' or 'Aber' and 'Eduard' ...there may be something for 1/36 that is large enough, or something for 1/16 that is small enough.......also maybe in the doll house market.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

gnichols

See link below for Don Mills models.  I got a lot of it from him years ago  He does model truck stuff.  His diamond plate is styrene AND injection molded.  You won't find any better and it was very reasonable priced.  Hope he still makes it.  Gary

http://www.donmillsmodels.com/main/

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

Ken Hamilton

Ray:
I picked up a large supply of it years ago from a now-defunct little aftermarket company.
Glad you found a new source.  I bookmarked the Don Mills site for future reference......
Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

marc_reusser

Ray....where did you find it on his site??....(that has to be one of the worst functioning store/product sites I have run across)

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Ray Dunakin

Click "products", then click "various truck parts & decals", then click "1/24th scale truck parts".

Ray Dunakin's World

james_coldicott

Marc,

I'm glad I'm not the only one!- Took me ages to find it too.

J