• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Another Tech/Computer Tool for the Modeling Arsenal (Scan2Cad)

Started by marc_reusser, October 28, 2010, 03:32:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

First off, let me say I have no connection with this company. Several years ago i used the software on a restoration projects, where we had the old plans, and needed to get them into CAD....and it was far mor expedient and cost effective to do the initial entry/file using this program and the old plans (then field checking the critical dimensions at affected locations), rathr than measusiring and drawing the entire house from scratch.

I recently got an update/newsletter notice and am thinking of purchasing the progream again....and since many of us here use or refer to old drawings, jpgs. or pdf's of old drawings and plans (even out of scale/reduced plans), I thought this might be of some interest. Not cheap, but may be well worth it when weighed against the hours needed to do a full redraw in CAD. In many ways a pretty useful tool considering all the drawings that can be found out there in places like HABS/HAr, pdf. catalogs, and other historical reference sites and institutions.

http://www.scan2cad.com/index.htm

......If someone had the plank drawings or layout in an old book, drawing, illustration....it could even solve Martins challenge of drawing them in CAD.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works