• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

One Man Bunker

Started by eTraxx, May 30, 2010, 06:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

I looked into using PVC pipe to build the bunker, but it is too far off dimensionally for my taste. It's easier to  PAP the main bunker pieces as well as the small detail parts. That way I get exactly what I want, and they all fit/interloc and have the same radius faces and flanges.

The three main pieces qoute at $24 from PAP...so not bad...might just use the parts themselves for the model rather than casting in plaster....otherwise I will  use the main parts to make the latex molds from (some 2-part if not 3)....to leave otopns open I am extrapolating some individual interlocking  "plug" pieces for the interior and exterior viewport details, so I can make"disassembleable" mold parts.

The door frame parts would probably be better if made from PE, but to just have these couple of pieces made is likely a bit too pricey for a one-off etch.

QuoteI reckon with all the interest in military railways in 1/35th scale these days there would be a market for such a structure if someone could be bothered to produce one .

...yeah somebody should probably market one....they could maybe sell all of 5 units. ;) ;D.....of course if somone were beating down my door, I could just send them the .STL file and they could have their own kit made (and learn something in the process).....that's the beauty of 3D printing.

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

eTraxx

Thinking that the concrete parts would be pretty much perfect for using the Shapeways parts .. instant texture :)
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Krusty

Is Marc subcontracting to that nice Mr Verlinden?
Kevin Crosado

"Caroline Wheeler's birthday present was made from the skins of dead Jim Morrisons
That's why it smelt so bad"