• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Interesting PRR loco

Started by gnichols, November 13, 2010, 03:17:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gnichols

Found this pix on a car site... looks like a challenge for you crazy scratch-builders.  I think the number on the cab is 14380.  Later, Gary

Mobilgas

That's Different :)                           Craig
Craig

eTraxx

Found her.  She's a  Buckwalter electric tractor. They were built n 1912. Originally battery powered, later repowered with gasoline engines. In later years they put pneumatic tires on her.

Pennsylvania Railroad Rubber Tired Switchers

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Ray Dunakin

Interesting... I like the unusual spoked wheels.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

W C Greene

You know, in a larger scale...1:32 or larger, this one could be built with the tires, controlled by an r/c car receiver w/steering and onboard battery. Just thinkin'..... Imagine being able to switch cars with this, and just drive it off the tracks when the move is done.
                                               Woodie
miles to go before I sleep...

gnichols

Quote from: eTraxx on November 13, 2010, 08:09:54 AM
Found her.  She's a  Buckwalter electric tractor. They were built n 1912. Originally battery powered, later repowered with gasoline engines. In later years they put pneumatic tires on her.

Thanx for the extra info... who'd a thunk it.  Gary

Rusty Stumps

Those spoke wheels, first photo, look like they are rubber covered and have either flanges or there is a depression in the rubber to keep the tractor on the tracks. Real neat!
Walt