• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Quickie Cooler Project…

Started by RoughboyModelworks, September 11, 2010, 04:54:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Smith

Paul,

I liked the first one looked better even if the masses deemed it over oxidized. The new one may be redder and aged but the decal appears to have slipped, folded over or tore? These were I believe tin stamped so the fragments of logo wouldn't look as such.   

Philip   

RoughboyModelworks

Philip:

Thanks for the input. One of the good things about this forum is that there are always differing viewpoints. Actually, the cooler that I based this one on had a raised embossed logo, painted white, so it seemed perfectly plausible to me that the white paint of the logo could be worn away in places due to repeated rubbing and mistreatment. Luckily when applying the decal, it didn't fold or tear on me in spite of it being extremely delicate after all the decal film had been blasted away with the soda blaster. It's the kind of operation where you want to be sure you have another decal on hand in the event the blasted one just falls to bits. As it happens, this was my last coke logo decal, so I breathed a hearty sigh of relief once it was in its final position.

Paul

Chuck Doan

"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

madmike3434

wow thats a real journey to get to the final outstanding result.  Do , then redo and modify . Holy smokes thats some hang in there passion to get it exactly as it is finally !!!

mike

Frederic Testard

Well, the pump in the foreground is nice too, Chuck!
Frederic Testard