• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

New O scale product ?

Started by Mobilgas, February 05, 2011, 06:14:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Smith

Hop diggidy dog..that looks like a chopped version of sierra west mack. remove fender, top and recast in resin yeah that's the ticket :-X

W.P. Rayner

Quote from: marc_reusser on February 07, 2011, 05:49:10 PM
Here you go girls....
I hope they provided a hard hat for the driver since it appears he has to drive the truck with the boom resting on his head...  ;)

Paul —>returning to the corner—>

Mr Potato Head

Not sure these pictures will fit? There from Ken, if not find me off list and I will send them to anyone who wants them. They are never seen pictures of the Universal.
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Mr Potato Head

I was going to build mine as a closed cab because I thought it was non-plausible to have a open cab ??? Wrong! I saw this old sales movie from the 20's and that bucket swings around in 360's no room for a cab, no hard hat is needed, just stay clear! BWM kit is O.K but when you start to look at all the prototypical details, you can see he took short cuts.
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Scratchman

Hey, Gil how's your shovel project coming. Nice job on the crane.

Gordon Birrell

http://www.flickr.com/photos/77318580@N00/

Ray Dunakin

Those cranes are really cool.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Mr Potato Head

Hey Gordon
Thanks for asking about my Fundom! It's going slow, probably because I am dragging my feet? I have been working on a lot of other projects so it's not a lack of modeling; I have been trying to get all those UFO's completed. I have the gears now and I made a simple mold to make duplicates of the ones I like, and I am still trying to make photo etched chain for them, so far no fun and just pain and suffering. I have a really nice friend here in Boise who's also trying to learn how to photo etch and together were working out the kinks. (get it?) So hopefully we will achieve success soon so I can continue to move forward. It is the single most important model I want to build this year especially since you and Marty have paved the way! Thanks for that. After I complete the Fundom I think I will have the skills to tackle a real Universal crane, it's a real nice unit. I am glad you like the paint, I really like the salt technique, and I keep getting better results, I will have more pictures to show soon, and as soon as the sun comes back from this ice age period were currently going through. You know what I mean about the weather!  :(
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

lab-dad

Gee Gil when you get the photo-etch down may be you can make a cab bfor the older trucks!
Would be easy and actual scale thickness instead of these cast cabs  :-X
-Marty

Mr Potato Head

Marty
You have seen first hand that I am trying! There's no moss growing between my toes!  :o
And we have both established that I am A.D.D.  ::), and you have seen the list of projects that I am working on, so if I can get this PE stuff down the sky's the limit ???
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho