• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

7/8ths Scale Hudson Rugga Skip started or remake

Started by 78ths, January 10, 2011, 01:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

W.P. Rayner

That seems like a decent price Ferd. However, is there a minimum order? I wouldn't need more than ten, only four actually.

Pual

78ths

I have been spending many an hour on Chuck's site and have applied a coat of brown and aged black to the skip. Will give it a coat of hair spray and dull coat followed by top color tomorrow. New style of weathering for me so it should be fun.

Ferd Mels  Ontario Canada    eh!
SE Scale - all other scales pale by comparison.  7/8"=1'-0"
www.78ths.com

78ths

Here is the skip partially weathered and painted. Now it time to make changes, tone down, cleanup etc..
www.78ths.com

78ths

Well this project took forever. Of course I have modelers ADD in that I cannot for the life of me only work on one project at a time. (at least 10)
Here are some quick down and dirty pics of the first skip almost complete. Still have the load to finish.
Did not want to set up the studio so I just snapped some pics outside in bright sun - sorry for the poor quality.

cheers Ferd
www.78ths.com

JohnP

Sweet little model! It is coming out marvelously.  Could you post a picture of the mold?

Thanks, John
John Palecki

78ths

Will do. The skip is made up of 12 parts - using 5 molds - will try to get picks up tomorrow.
cheers Ferd
www.78ths.com