• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

BEULAHS HOUSE OF ENCHANTMENT #490

Started by madmike3434, December 27, 2010, 08:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madmike3434

Here is a link to my photobucket account that holds pictures of my pilot build #490 of Tom Yorke #119 KIT . I re-named toms pool hall and bordello kit #119 as BEULAHS HOUSE OF ENCHANTMENT.

http://s185.photobucket.com/albums/x169/madmike3434/beulahs%20house%20of%20enchantment/

I changed many things on the original kits design ;, the 3rd story addition with dormers, the extended upper porch/balcony with complicated stair system. The side barber shop pool hall with laser cut front wall. All wood walls were laser cut, something never offered in a yorke kit. A detail pack with many special details was also included. I also offered both laser cut windows and also grandt line windows to choose from.
The stone walls are all hydrocal as is the  foundation castings.

madmike3434......mike lynch

ATTr

Ray Dunakin

Very nice. I always liked Tom Yorke's stuff.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

madmike3434

This was always one of Tom Yorkes most sought after kits along with his #117 Rubbles Depot.

The other thing i always liked about Tom kits after building so many of them was discovering where that particular kit walls had their origin.
  For Instance the pool hall & bordellos stone walls except for one , all started as kit #114 the power house machine shop.  Only the wall behind the main part of the building was new.
The rubbles depot #117 actually got its origins from kit #108 The Depot, with rubbles receiving a new rear wall and the tower section along with the foundation casting.

One thing i have found is that a specific glue called HOUSEHOLD GOOP which is a silastic contact cement really bonds to hydrocal like nothing else i have ever tried. It allows you to pick up the assembled 4 walls and handle the structure without fear of it coming apart in your hands like white or other glues.  I also found that a piece of 1/4" square basswood inserted into GOOP greatly increases the strength of the bond.  The GOOP remains slightly elasticy and flexibal .

mike

madmike3434

thought i would post a couple of pictures to the thread
mike

madmike3434

and a couple more

madmike3434

pool hall barber shop ....inside stairs are the original entrance to bordello upstairs.

The outside stair system using bantas laser cut system was a large change by me from the original kits design.  I also made the balcony 2 feet wider than original to accomodate the new stairs.