• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

O scale animation

Started by mabloodhound, February 28, 2011, 08:06:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mabloodhound

Thought there was a thread here on this but couldn't find it.
Laurie McLean (from Aust.) has released another video of his animation progress, this one a caboose with animated brakeman, stove, etc, and the working fireman in a train.
Some real fine modeling from a MMR.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gXRHp32LM

Make sure you look at his other videos of the animated cowboy and horse, etc. and he does have PDFs available on how he does these animations at Laurie's University.
8)
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower

Philip Smith

jacq01

Very nice efforts to introduce movement to modeling.
   The fluency and accuracy of the animation in imho has not developed yet to the level that it is benefiting finescale modeling.

Jacq
put brain in gear before putting mouth in action.
never underestimate the stupidity of idiots
I am what I remember.

mabloodhound

You may be right Jacq, but Laurie's work has my admiration and it's just a matter of time before we see a lot more of this.
Animation isn't for everyone, the same as those who dislike sound in a loco.   But it does add another dimension.
And it keeps the hobby from becoming stagnant.
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower