• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Vintage photographs

Started by Gordon Ferguson, April 30, 2011, 07:06:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gordon Ferguson

Don't think this has been posted before, stumbled across this site

http://mred-trucks.blogspot.com/

Some of the photgraphs have been on Shorpy but there are a lot that I certainly have not seen before. Suggest that one or two people here might well be interested in Auto Parts Shop, Atlanta ..... which I did not have enough unfinished projects I would love to have a go at or the Cherokee Parts & Garage............. both pictures near bottom of first page
Gordon

W.P. Rayner

Good link Gordon... thanks for posting. As you mention, many of the photos are from Shorpy.

Several years ago Young Richard and I had planned a 1:48 craftsman kit of Cherokee Auto Parts based on the photographs by Walker Evans as a follow-up to our Clyde's Place kit, but we never got it off the ground past the planning stage. It's still on the back burner as a kit I'd like to produce some day, but considering all the other projects and work I have, it's unlikely to happen unless I suddenly find myself with a lot more time on my hands.

Paul

Mobilgas

Paul,   You can do it.  I would like the Cherokee Auto Parts Kit  in 1/48 with tons of detail part's.  ;D
Craig

mabloodhound

Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower