• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Reference material for old engines?

Started by Ray Dunakin, May 27, 2011, 09:54:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chester

Hey Chuck, here's a video of a 1925 Dodge Bros engine rebuild. The fellow has several videos of the total resto.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy45P8Fw1QQ

lab-dad

If (we) can find a decent flat head with pictures/drawings/dimensions i might be inclined to jump in here and build another engine.
May be a group build of sorts?........
-Marty

eTraxx

I just ran across this book by accident .. The modern gasoline automobile: its design, construction, operation and Maintenance ... By Victor Wilfred Pagé pub 1919

"A PRACTICAL, COMPREHENSIVE TREATISE EXPLAINING ALL. PRINCIPLES PERTAINING TO GASOLINE AUTOMOBILES AND THEIR COMPONENT PARTS.
THE MOST COMPLETE UP-TO-DATE TREATISE ON GASOLINE AUTOMOBILES EVER PUBLISHED

INVALUABLE TO MOTORISTS, STUDENTS, MECHANICS, REPAIR MEN    AUTOMOBILE DRAUGHTSMEN, DESIGNERS AND ENGINEERS.      EVERY PHASE OF THE SUBJECT BEING TREATED IN A PRACTICAL, NONTECHNICAL MANNER
"
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

lab-dad

I didnt see any dimensioned drawings, just the normal how it works stuff (which I know)
-Marty

Chuck Doan

Chester that is great! Thanks! He shows the whole drive train rebuild in various videos. Damn maybe a fourth monorail loco!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

chester

Yeah, that fellow gives a pretty comprehensive look at the '25 Dodge.

Marty, there seems to be a lot of orthographic photos and drawings on the web of a variety of flat heads. It should be pretty easy to scale most everything off of one.