• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Hoverbike!!

Started by eTraxx, June 17, 2011, 03:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eTraxx

QuoteWorld's First Hoverbike Unveiled!

Australian inventor Chris Malloy has built a hoverbike from motorcycle parts and claims it can fly up to 173 mph, at an altitude of 10,000 feet. The designer says the one-person vehicle could replace conventional helicopters for tasks over rugged terrain, such as aerial surveys, search-and-rescue missions and cattle roundups.

Don't know about that .. but it would make for a cool model in larger scale I think ..

Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

marc_reusser

Interesting...but the operative word in the whole first statement is "claims" ;D....where's the YouTube video of this thing in action? (which would likely be all over if it actually worked) ::)....and I dont see how he handles steering/direction and stabilization,..... especially at 173mph.

Give me enough pshychotropic stimulants, sit me on it and turn the propellers, and I too might believe I'm flying.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

eTraxx

Yeah. My thoughts too .. like in "was this first published April 1st"? .. BUT .. that would pretty cool to 'Steam Punk' the hover bike ..
Ed Traxler

Lugoff, Camden & Northern RR

Socrates: "I drank WHAT?"

Design-HSB

I Do not believe the part about the driving and flying is.
Subsidy, so it flies, or two counter-rotating propellers were four necessary.
It lacks the balance to Drehmomet because the part has no apron.
Regards Helmut
the journey is the goal

W.P. Rayner

Looks like one hell of a weed whacker...

Paul

mad gerald

... just discovered another link ...  :-\

http://www.trendsderzukunft.de/neues-hoverbike-fliegendes-motorrad-wird-real/2011/06/10/

... seems to be still a kinda low-rider ...  8)