• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Peterseliestraat / Bruges / Belgium

Started by Guy Milh(imeter), June 06, 2011, 01:03:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guy Milh(imeter)

Hello, I'm new on this forum and since a while a very Big Fan. I like the site cause I can learn new skills and enjoy watching photos of fellow members.

I started modeling at the age of 12 (painting HO figures, ...) and very fast I was addicted.

Later on I made scale models of existing shops on demand in a framed box.
Since I had childeren (2, now aged 10 an 16) and a 1:1 house to rebuild, my hobby was on hold.

I restarted in dec 2010 and now finished my second box.

Here are some pics of my latest box. Everything is scratchbuild. It is an existing old firm in Bruges (i'm from Bredene, near Ostend in Belgium, but I work in Bruges) that grew plants and flower.
It's a box measuring 23cm x 23 xm x 9 cm and needs a second frame, but before I close it I would appariciate some comments of you lot. You may be firm, I can handle it  :D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63734450@N05/

ps. Sorry for my pour English

W.P. Rayner

Interesting work Guy... I have the feeling the photos don't really do it justice. They seem a little out-of-focus in a few of the shots. Look forward to seeing more of your work and welcome to the forum.

Paul

chester

Had a bit of a dyslexic moment there reading the title of this post as "Peter Sellers street".

Welcome Guy, I like what you've done. Some very nice effects but needs more consistency (some areas don't look as good as others)

Ray Dunakin

Welcome aboard! What scale is your model?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Guy Milh(imeter)

Thank you for the reply and the comments Rayner, Chester & Ray

@ Chester: lol: "Peterselie" means Parsley in dutch.
Could you pls be a little more specifiek, what areas do you think could be approved ?

@ Ray: the scale is +/- 1:40: i take pictures of the 1:1 scene and than make a plan on the computer (corel draw)

chester

Guy, one example is of the brick work over the window in photo # P1100526. The sides of the window look great but the arch seems a bit unrealistic and glossy. Perhaps it's the photo and it certainly doesn't take away from the general overall look which I quite like.

Guy Milh(imeter)

You are right on that one chester, I had some troubles doing the arches: I cut them out and put them back in again (don't ask me why, I realy don't remember  ???) and used the wrong adhesive for that purpose (a kind of filler) that way i couldn't carve the bricks properly anymore and like you say it has a slight glossy effect.

Thanks for the comment, I'm glad you like the overall look  :D