• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

First scratchbuild in 1/48 scale

Started by Wesleybeks, July 16, 2011, 05:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wesleybeks

Hi everyone

I recently entered a challenge on another forum i belong to. I decided to use the exercise to try my hand at scratchbuilding aswell as weathering wood. Later i decided to add the concrete base just for the fun of it. Not sure if its prototypical or not. The scenery is not complete and i plan to add alot more clutter.

Im here to learn, so id love to hear where i can improve and what ive done right.

Regards
Wes
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Junior

That´s a very nice build so far Wesley! I particularly like the framing with the timbers around the diorama. Nice coloring of the wood too.

Anders  ;D

mabloodhound

Wes,
Nice job on the dio!   The solid foundation may not be prototypical though.   Outhouses were moved periodically to a new pit.   Or in the case of cleanout by the "honey wagon" guys, there would need to be an opening in the back for the metal pan to be slid in under the seat(s).    So yours should have a flap door on the back for the pan.
I've spent some time in both types. ;D ;D ;D
Dave Mason
D&GRR (Dunstead & Granford) in On30
"A people that values its privileges above its principles will soon lose both."~Dwight D. Eisenhower