• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1/48 Scale Vehicle Tools

Started by Bexley, August 30, 2011, 09:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bexley

Does anybody make such a thing? I've found plenty of 1/35 scale kits (and a few 1/72 PE sets) but no 1/48. I've been picking up a lot of the Dust Tactics Allies sets, in anticipation of the upcoming Dust Warfare game. I've started making modifications to all the Sherman-based walkers (stowage, sandbag armor, et cetera) and I thought vehicle tools on the hulls would be cool. But it seems the only source of these is the ones that come with actual armor kits, and I'm not spending ~$25 for a kit just to steal three or four bits. (Especially given that I already have five walkers, with more on the way.)

I also looked into O scale tools, but the only ones I could find seemed too "rustic" looking to pass for military equipment.
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

lab-dad

www.vectorcut.com
I have several, great tools.
There are also some etched brass sets available.
Try a search for track 48
-Marty

Bexley

I'd already found track 48, nothing there. (At least, that  I could find.)

Vectorcut does have tools, but not the on-vehicle tools (shovels, picks, sledgehammer, etc.) found in tank stowage.

It's not the end of the world if I can't find anything, but it'd be a nice extra detail to include. (Though, I do find it odd that I can't find at least one company that does an aftermarket kit like this in 1/48. I realize it's a less popular scale, but it still strikes me as odd, since there are so many kits out there.)
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack

Bexley

Derrrp. Nevermind. I found them at Track48. I figured I'd better look again, rather than dismiss your advice. I'd used the search by category function, and didn't find anything. Once I found their keyword search (which really ought to be on their main page) I found them easily enough. Thanks!
CounterClockwise

Bexley Andrajack