• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

"Master Hands" GM assembly video

Started by Philip Smith, August 09, 2011, 07:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philip Smith

I think this hits the nail directly on the head with all the great craftsmen on this forum!
Grab a coffee or soda for this one. 27:20 minute run time.
Enjoy. BTW there are several hundred production and ad video's at hand on this channel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8bT6txm4RpA

Philip

Gordon Ferguson

Were Phillip its certainly worth watching but not sure if I agree with the Master Craftsmen description.

Certain of the jobs are certainly in that category ... think the most obvious is in the foundry stamping out the crankshafts, but the vast majority of the film frightens me to death ........... if anything demonstrates the mass tyranny of the production line its got that shot of the guy standing in the middle of the machine puting bolts in holes that the machine then screws tight.

I been lucky in my working life never to have had to work in this environment ....... the thought of doing exactly the same action all day every day for months/years does not I think make you a craftsman.
Gordon

Philip Smith