• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Showing your work to the Norwegian public?

Started by Hauk, September 09, 2011, 12:49:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

As I might have mentioned , I am one of the editors for a Norwegian Model Railroad Magazine. It is the magazine for the Norwegian Society of Model Railroaders, so it is a non-profit project (No pay for articles, in other words...).  Each issue is around 80 pages with full color on all pages. Paper quality is very good. The circulation is 2 000 and the magazine is published 4 times a year.

We are interested in material regardless of scale, prototype or nationality. It dont even have to be models of trains.
What we are looking for is craftmanship, creatvity and quality.

In the next issue we are going to run a feature on Hi-tech for model railroaders (3D printing, laser cutting, CAD,  etc.) There have been several projects shown on this forum that would be perfect for this article. If you have an article that have already been published elsewere, that could certainly be of interest. We will of course check with the original publisher if it is OK with them to publish the article in our magazine.

But he most important contribution would be high-resolution images. I can write a text in norwegian based on the forum postings and maybe some addtional information. I am not asking for a ready to publish text, neither in English or Norwegian!

Please feel free to ask questions in this thread, or by email to hhouen 'at' online.no

A low-resolution PDF-copy of a recent issue can be emailed on request.

Best regards,
HÃ¥vard "Hauk" Houen
Editor "MJ-bladet"
Norway
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past