• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

In-ko-pah Railroad -- My best video so far!

Started by Ray Dunakin, September 03, 2011, 07:37:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Here's a brand new video of my 1/24th scale, In-ko-pah Railroad. I think it's my best video of the RR to date! I've tried to shoot and edit this in the style of a professional railfan video, depicting a day on the In-ko-pah Railroad. You'll see my Bachmann/BBT 4-6-0 steam locomotive and my kitbashed narrow gauge RS-3 diesel in action, along with detailed structures and the beautiful, realistic desert scenery I've created.

http://youtu.be/9yeiCCiTwQw

I'm really excited about how this video turned out!

BTW, there are no "dubbed" sounds. All the locomotive sounds are produced by the Phoenix P9 sound systems installed in the locos.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Gordon Ferguson

;D ;D ;D

Fabulous Ray, and very professional.

My favourite bit are the the diesel coming around the S curve, and the night shots, you really have the lighting spot on in/on the buildings.

Now if you could just add some smoke/steam to go with the sound it would be perfect  ;)
Gordon

Junior

Great video Ray! Where are all these rocks coming from? Backyard in Colorado? Don´t know where your´e located. Maybe next time a train with more cars.....why is there only one passenger car? ??? Otherwise just super....!

Anders

Ray Dunakin

Quote from: Junior on September 05, 2011, 05:24:49 AM
Great video Ray! Where are all these rocks coming from? Backyard in Colorado? Don´t know where your´e located. Maybe next time a train with more cars.....why is there only one passenger car? ??? Otherwise just super....!

Thanks! I'm in San Diego, and I hauled in all the rocks -- many tons of them. Most of them came from a site about 20 miles east of us, and some came from the desert 80-90 miles away.

So far I only have the one passenger car, and haven't even gotten around to painting and lettering it for my RR yet.

Here are a couple pics taken earlier this year when I was extending the tops of the mountains. These will give you some idea of how much rock I had to break, haul, and cement in place:

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World