• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

flat pack in 1-35 scale and dapto dogs.

Started by 1-32, June 25, 2015, 03:54:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

1-32

Hi all.
The Dapto has had its day in the Netherlands -so much fun great way to break down barriers i cant wait to do it again.
It travelled very well not with me but in the hold in the plane.no breakages.
There are a few things that i have learnt and the biggist is doing more work on the back scene.there is a lot of scope for improvement with the sky and how the lighting rig is put together .
So great concept till next time.
Cheers kim

finescalerr

I hope you had a terrific time, Kim. -- Russ

franckcombe

Your layout is very atmospheric, well done, it's great art.

You told you want to upgrade the sky. For the background, I love to use true photo (like you can find on https://www.dreamstime.com/search.php?securitycheck=20aeb2908c9b3ee3dda933f3ca0fb2c6&srh_field=sky&lastsearchvalue=laukvik&s_all=n&s_ph=y&s_il=n&s_video=n&s_audio=n&s_ad=n&s_sl0=y&s_sl1=y&s_sl2=y&s_sl3=y&s_sl4=y&s_sl5=y&s_rf=y&s_ed=y&s_orp=y&s_orl=y&s_ors=y&s_orw=y&s_clc=y&s_clm=y&s_rsf=0&s_rst=7) and  then print  it at a professional photo developer. The result is always top.

1-32

well i am back with a new workspace and a whole new world i have moved i feel one of my better decisions.i have had not had acess to the internet proper only my phone.that also was good.there was a manic depressent controlling the key to the utility room in my apartment block and every time  a technician came to connect the wires she would slam the door in his face-i kid you not.it took over a month to get the key changed.
so that is now passed looking at Dapto now i think there should be a lot of changes -great to step back and reass also i have made a list of projects away from railways that will be fun-now in the move where did i put that list.
all the best kim

finescalerr

I'm glad you're back, and living in a better place. -- Russ

1-32

1-32

hello as soon as i get on top of some new picture software i will post new photos but in the mean time i want to share my direction on re building Dapto and in the process change its name.
there are two rebuilds that will most likely result in its distruction -tough titties.
the viewing angle is wrong it should be landscape instead of portrate.that is the whole length should be viewed from the frount,this is the convential viewing angle.
and it should be a continual run on a loop-set and forget.this is great for shows which fits in my hope of travelling the world with my little suitcase.but how in hell do you get a continual run with large scale in such a small space remember that i use a track gauge of 9mm but a scale of 1-35.just lately i have become aware of Jelly Models from Milano, Italia and there crazy track.just 65 mm wide by 370mm long 9 mm gauge this is continual run i bought some and yes it works-crazy.
so all is possible now for some pictures
cheers kim

mad gerald

Quote from: 1-32 on August 31, 2017, 12:19:45 AM
... but how in hell do you get a continual run with large scale in such a small space remember that i use a track gauge of 9mm but a scale of 1-35.
My attempt (only mock up, thoughts not finished) in a scale twice a big as yours, but comparable in space ... (you'll have eventually to change suitcase and/or make objects removable while travelling)

1-32

hi
nice mock up
but the challenge is to keep it all manigable too many suit cases are a pain especially when a lot of different travel methods are used.remember that you are also taking your clothes and the rest with you.
cheers kim

detail_stymied

I think your latest "'round & 'round" will solve the continuous run conundrum.
s.e. charles