• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Fire Hydrant

Started by JESTER, March 26, 2012, 10:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ken Hamilton

Oooo...Oooooo...I want one of those popcorn machines....!

Food for thought - Another area to look at is refrigerator magnets,
which is how the stove on the left side of this photo of the Rainbow
Motel diorama started life:

Ken Hamilton
www.wildharemodels.com
http://public.fotki.com/khamilton/models/

Malachi Constant

Further to Ken's suggestion ... there were a variety of Coke-machine (and/or cooler) refrigerator magnets that scale close to 1/24 ... Dallas
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com

JESTER

I was chatting with my friend about wanting to find a model and he said another on of our friends actually made a hydrant a while ago and he might actually still have the molds so I might be in luck!

fspg2

It is not the desired scale, but it shows a great model implementation of a German fire hydrant in scale 1:22,5.
Leo documented his way from the drawing to the cast white metal model here (google translated).
The original German thread can be seen here.
Frithjof

JESTER

I was in Chicago for a few days and took a bunch of Hydrant pics. Here are a few:

-

Gordon Ferguson

Hi Jester,

tidying up my front garden from the "presents" some nice school kids occasionally leave for me came across this .............. thought it might be of interest

Believe it is the top off a Krispy Kream Doughnuts package , with a piece of scrap pipe it might be the start of a hydrant ?
Gordon

EZnKY

Looks like an ICEE lid to me.

Mmmmmm..... ICEE........
Eric Zabilka
Lexington, Kentucky

JESTER

That would be a huge hydrant!!

Here's the one my friend made. I hope I can get the original molds!
It was made in Solid Works and printed on a 3D printer.

-

Wesleybeks

That's sweet. How big is it?
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

JESTER

It looks to be about 4 inches tall. I don't have one yet but judging from the mouse and the phone it's close to 4 or 5 inches.

Ray Dunakin

It must have cost a fortune to get something that large printed up.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

fspg2

The same question like Ray, what does it cost to prototype such a big part. What about the strength of the material?
Frithjof