• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Mig DVD on working with Pigments

Started by marc_reusser, January 10, 2008, 10:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

For those that may be interested, this was just posted over on the MIG Forum:

Hello friends.

I was completly off line during the last weeks, and also very busy during the last month. The reason is here. Finally, I finished a couple days ago, and now we are producing it in the factory.

So....happy new year to all of you, and this is my collaboration for this year:

Is a new DVD , under FAQ name, but this is just the first Volume...just focused in Pigments techniques, because many modellers till asking me about this.

You can see here a promotional pvideo preview, with low quality, and ONLY for Mig Productions Frum friends. Please....keep this information just for your self, because it will be anounced in next month.

The DVD is recorded in high quality digital video, in english lenguage narrated by Adam Wilder. It explain many uses of pigments with real-time step by steps.

Check here the promo-video, but the original oneis of course better explained, with comments and normal speed!!

http://www.nightvisioncreations.com/

Ahhh, one more thing.

This DVD is completly dedicated to many of you and you will see many of your names inside the DVD . "you was my real motivation to make that".I have learned more than in all my life thanks to you guys.

Without doubt....this last age in my life close to many talented people like you has means my best evolution and happy time in the modelling. And because you are the reason of this good time for me....it is dedicated to all of you.

1 year learning the programs (music and video) and another year recording and editing.

Thank you guys...thank you friends.

Mig Jimenez

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

John McGuyer

This is very interesting, but I wish they would slow down and explain their steps and what they are doing so all our ancient atrophied brains could keep up.

John

marc_reusser

John,

Apparetnly the DVD is a slow paced and english natrrated step by step. The demo movie at the link is just a very accelerated non narrated teaser to show some of the things the DVD will cover.

Marc

M-Works

TRAINS1941

Marc

Seeing this is a must buy DVD.  Marty even called to tell me about it.
Just were are we going to buy it?

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Jerry,

From what I know so far, it will become available to the public at the end of Feb.

It is being debuted at the Nuremburg moel show. It will be available through hobby retailers/online (I would guess in the US like Mission Models or Great Models). It will also be available direct from the Mig Productions website.

It is being produced in order to avaoid Region-1/Region-2 and NTSC/PAL issues it is meant to be run/viewed on any computer DVD player.

Apparently he is planning on releasing additional Videos every 3 or so months, showing addditional techniques.

Marc

M-Works

John McGuyer

Their advertising approach really had the opposite effect on me than they desired. I went into it thinking "This is something I think I want" and I saw that jumbled up and accelerated teaser. I found myself thinking "What do I want that for"?

Now that it is pointed out that it is slow and descriptive, I think it is just what I need. I guess we should watch the MIG forum to order. I hope whoever gets one first lets us all know about it.

Now as Mac would say "Let's go trash something"!

John

TRAINS1941

Marc

I see on that website they have Mig DVD available is there a place here that you can buy it?  Thought you might have heard something.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

marc_reusser

Jerry,

the DVD can be purchased directly from Mig Productions via their website, and more than likely you can purchase/order it from Mission Models www.missionmodels.com or Great Models www.greatmodels.com

...as this is a completely new product, and there has been a high demand, they may not yet have it in stock, or they may be temporarily out of stock....but I would check anyhow.

Somewhere I also saw that there was a a new printing of the mig FAQ book available (same book as the old one...just more of them).

Marc

M-Works