• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Gloss Tamyia dries matt

Started by Hauk, March 27, 2012, 02:57:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hauk

I was airbrushing some gloss Tamiya tonight, and for some reason it dried totally matt.
Used different pressures, varied the spraying distances,  and I am dead certain the paint was wet when hitting the model. Paint dried matt no matter what I did.

Have anybody experienced something similiar with Tamiya gloss paints or any other brand?

I shot some gloss Humbrol as well (same airbrush, same thinner similiar techniques), and had no problems with it. Went down glossy as it should.

Could high  humidity affect the airbrushing properties of  the Tamiya paint?

Best regards,
Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Junior

Hi Hauk,

I would by a new bottle. Have not experienced this with Tamiya paints but have several times got gloss paint in mat Humbrol enamels. The other day I got a dark blue Humbrol acrylic that was supposed to be black  ;D ???!

Anders

narrowgauger

Hi Hauk

did you stir the paint with a spatula instead of shaking the bottle.  If not, it is possible for the Tamiya Gloss to spray mat as a result of the gloss binder not being properly mixed into the carrier base.

have fun
Bernard

Hauk

Quote from: Junior on March 29, 2012, 03:50:55 AM
Hi Hauk,

I would by a new bottle. Have not experienced this with Tamiya paints but have several times got gloss paint in mat Humbrol enamels. The other day I got a dark blue Humbrol acrylic that was supposed to be black  ;D ???!

Anders

Yep, it was something wrong with that bottle. Tried another one and the gloss was back.
Thanks for helping out!

Regards, Hauk
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past