• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Back to the roots !

Started by Bill76, June 20, 2012, 11:59:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Very nice - inspiration for all - just keep em coming
Barney

Frederic Testard

Frederic Testard

Bill76

Thank you guys for your comments and for following the process.

This diarama has been the first and a fully project with a conversion and a scratchbuilt project, as the painting techniques as well.

The next projects should concern tracked tractors : a Track Marshall (Scaledown Models 1/32) and a Caterpillar Cat D4C (Wespe 1/32). Despite the overall quality of the resin kit, the Caterpillar needs a very hard work to reshape some parts and in adding a lot of new details on tha blade, the driving platform and a canopy will be fitted. Thanks John for inspiration !

The Track Marshall is already done because it has been painted before the John Deere with the sponge technique and this project will be published in a farm french magazine in September.

The Caterpillar project will be completed by a 1/32 car, a Pontiac GTO 1968. First car on the workbench in a Mad Max style !

After that, another tracked tractor based on a New Holland machine from Ros. This one will be rebuilt to cope with a futuristic diorama that will take some inspiration from Terminator and Matrix. Lot of work to do !

See you shortly. Georges

marc_reusser

A truly lovely little scene, with all the parts wonerfully executed. I really like all the varied finishes an colors. Was grat watching this all come together.

The only real issue I have, is still with the oversaturation of the images....at least on my monitors.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Bill76

Thanks Marc. You're right about some oversaturated pictures. I've changed fewer fittings on my camera and things seem to be better and more realistic. I still have to deal with my studio and new lights in a ''white box''. That will be done maybe in September now.

For the already done Track Marshall pictures, I will use Photoshop to minimize the oversaturated effects.

Georges.