• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Plywood and Woody Decals

Started by marc_reusser, October 09, 2012, 09:25:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

For those interested in obtaining plywood decals like I used in the Gunnery Trainer, or for other smaller scales...

...or even for a 1/24 or 1/25 Woody

The UvdR decals are now available on-line Stateside, through Last Cavalry Hobbies, located in Michigan.
http://shop.lastcavalry.com/

They also carry a wide range of other products and weathering materials, including the MIG and AK lines.

I have no connection to Last Cav., other than that they have provided me with great service.  

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Andi Little

Great body!!! ............... I just wanted to say that.

Seriously, great body: You've captured the "Look" that I've been trying to emulate in one fell swoop. I did think about treating myself to a set or two of those decals for exactly that reason - well nearly that reason mine was/is going to be a Citroen "Normande".
I'm loving the scale shine too, a big thing of mine ... any special processes you can talk about - may care to divulge?

Also the High and Lowlights around the wooden trim and fittings - super stuff. "I know you call those different things, the effects not the wood! Modulation and Filters and stuff but I still can't get used to the terminology, still tend to think in terms of Glazes and Washes - it'll be the Boho' in me!!!?

Great Job as ever ..............
KBO..................... Andi.

Gordon Ferguson

Hi Andi,

I could be wrong, happens , but don't think that one is Marc's ........... think its one of Uschi's.

Hopefully this is the link to details of the build

http://www.uschivdr.com/products/wgw-1-woody-special/
Gordon

Andi Little

Ah! - silly me.

Still pretty bliddy good though, I'll go back sleep now then.
KBO..................... Andi.

Mr Potato Head

Marc
Hey could a person of minimal means and skills make his or her own plywood decals?
As you know I do have an Alps printer, but I would assume it could be done on any printer? It's just a matter of dithering, correct?
Thanks
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

marc_reusser

Gil,
Means is one thing, skill is another.  ;D

I don't know. Looking at Alex's decals so much depends on the artwork, and then there is specific paper and inks he uses. Knowing what colors to print the decals in, and coming up with the pre and post coloring steps to make it look right is a whole 'nother ball game. But why not give it a shot.

Andi,

Thank you for thinking that was my work. I only wish I could do so well. I agree, Alex's handeling of the paint coloring/shading, and the perfect level /look of the gloss finish, is simply superb.

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Mr Potato Head

Thanks Marc, I saw a SBS in an Airbrush magazine and some examples on other forums, I'll work on it you'll never know what can happen?
Thanks
Gil
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho