• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

My Build-up of Jake Parker's Chompbot #5

Started by FichtenFoo, September 21, 2012, 01:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FichtenFoo

I started my pre-release build-up of the Chompbot #5 yesterday. It's a fun kit and goes together quite nicely. I'm doing this one weathered-up and I decided to drill out the resin eye-bulbs and replace them with LEDs to light it up. Pics, details, and video here:

http://fichtenfoo.net/blog/tag/chompbot-no-5/

Chicks dig giant robots.

marc_reusser

I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

FichtenFoo

Thanks! The whole bot with canopy (not shown) is about 9 inches tall. The body ball is about 4.25" wide at the shoulders.
Chicks dig giant robots.

michael mott

Why does looking at this thing remind me of the "Restaurant at The End of The Universe"

Michael

FichtenFoo

Chicks dig giant robots.

michael mott

Hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, an absolutely hilarious read.

Michael

Ray Dunakin

Looks like he'd nip off a finger if you're not careful!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

FichtenFoo

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on October 04, 2012, 12:30:33 PM
Looks like he'd nip off a finger if you're not careful!

Heh... I've actually made what's left of his adversaries.... just need to paint them up and post pics. Mutant veggies!
Chicks dig giant robots.

shropshire lad

Michael ,

Another winner from the studios of Industria Mechanika . However , to me it looks sort of incomplete . I think it really ought to have shoe laces tied with a nice bow  ! Just to give it the human touch .

Nick

FichtenFoo

That's actually a cool idea. I can't do it on my build-up as it's supposed to be the OOB product. (mostly.. I did add lights, but wanted to show that it can be done simply.)
Chicks dig giant robots.

shropshire lad

Quote from: FichtenFoo on October 04, 2012, 02:58:39 PM
That's actually a cool idea. I can't do it on my build-up as it's supposed to be the OOB product. (mostly.. I did add lights, but wanted to show that it can be done simply.)

Oh , I'm glad to see that I'm not regarded as complete fruitcake by everyone !

FichtenFoo

Quote from: shropshire lad on October 04, 2012, 03:37:25 PM
Quote from: FichtenFoo on October 04, 2012, 02:58:39 PM

Oh , I'm glad to see that I'm not regarded as complete fruitcake by everyone !
You're just in good, like-minded company here. :-)
Chicks dig giant robots.