• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Have you tried this scratchbuilding material?

Started by marklayton, November 20, 2012, 02:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marklayton

Check out this video of the world's largest chocolate train - 112 feet long.  Level of detail is great!  It's on display in the UK.
http://gu.com/p/3cvp7/em

Mark
He who dies with the most tools wins.

Malachi Constant

Pshaw!  My Mom had them beat by decades!  Used to make me a chocolate train cake for my birthday ... cakes baked in small loaf pans, cut ... "kitbashed!" ... and arranged to make the loco and various cars.  Lifesaver wheels, gum drop bell, licorice "coal" in the tender and so on ... good stuff.

Not as good as Belgian chocolate ... not as realistic as that one you've shown ... but I never got in trouble for eating the chocolate train at home!  I'd be scared to go to that display.  "Do not touch" ... "Do not eat the displays" ... are ya kiddin' me? ;D
-- Dallas Mallerich  (Just a freakin' newbie who stumbled into the place)
Email me on the "Contact Us" page at www.BoulderValleyModels.com