• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Airfix - Four Stroke Engine.

Started by Andi Little, January 10, 2013, 06:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ray Dunakin

Well done! Doesn't look at all like a plastic model.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Wesleybeks

I think that came out great Andi. One would never say its plastic.

Any chance of a size reference pic?
Kind Regards
Wesley

Modelling in sunny South Africa

Andi Little

Here you go Wesley...........

A bit tongue in cheek but you should be able to gauge it from these assorted references?
The six inch ruler is obvious and the "block" is an exact inch - The figure is just for silliness plain and simple!!!

Cheers all, and many thanks for your encouragements.
KBO..................... Andi.

lab-dad

PERFECT!!!!!!!
LMAO!!!

Really a cool project! Glad you did it and took the time to share!
-Marty

Ray Dunakin

Cool!

Where did you get that character?

Ray Dunakin's World

Andi Little

Ray ... he's a German cartoon character called "Werner". You can/could get a couple of figures of him to pose against his motorcycle - an example of which I "steampunked" many many years ago now. In fact so long ago that the phrase of "steampunking hadn't been coined yet - so perhaps I was at the vanguard of popular culture without even being aware of it.

I think the truth is more like I simply got sick of counting rivets, and whilst walking the dog one day noticed he seemed to have the most fun when he was just running around like an idiot - and I thinks to myself ...... "I could do that" ............ tadahh!

finescalerr

If you didn't actually build that beauty -- if it's a 3D rendering -- I will dispatch you forthwith to the corner. -- Russ

Andi Little

Ahh Bliss - the threat of banishment to the corner........... I've arrived at last, just one of the guys - made it, running with the big dogs!!!

Russ, no definitely NOT a 3D rendering, a rather ancient build actually - I do believe I have a build album of it somewhere??

Not sure if it would fit in here though - and it's actually quite crude by the site standards - it was a lot of silly fun though.

More sillyness ............ it is an air cooled cylinder - water cooled head, dry sump three and a half litre single cylinder 3 valve special.

And if anyone is still suspicious look at the front mudguard .............. "it's a spoon"!!!

Barney

In these times of doom and gloom and cold enough to freeze the brush in my MEK glue -this is what we want more AIRFIX projects -thanks for sharing it -its lovely
Barney

Carlo

Andi - 
Magnificent Motorcycle!
What's the scale?
If that's a spoon, it must be at least 1:12.
Carlo

finescalerr

"Crude?" Gimme a break! It is satisfactory indeed. -- Russ

chester

When viewing a model, if it brings a smile, it's well worth seeing. I love your motorcycle.

Ray Dunakin

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

What a splendid piece that Airfix motor is. I echo gordons comments and sentiments. Really brings a smile to my face.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works