• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

WSL Pete

Started by Geoff Ringle, March 30, 2014, 08:16:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Ringle

Here are some shots of several 1:20 Peterbilt log trucks.
I started with a low skill level kit for a modern version with a sleeper cab & chorme.
Ended up with more bash than kit.

Geoff Ringle

billmart

Geoff -
That looks very good to me.  I really like the used-but-cared-for look you achieved with your weathering.

Bill Martinsen

finescalerr

I thought you had told me the basis for those models were cast metal Hubley trucks. All this time I had thought your skills to be nonpareil rather than merely outstanding. -- Russ

Geoff Ringle

Russ, I think what I mentioned is the only other appropriate 1/20 vehicles are the Hubley pot metal stuff.
For some reason there are 1/20 Formula 1 models.

chester

Very nice work backdating the Pete. (280 series?)

Ray Dunakin

Great work! Did you have to do anything to the chromed wheels to make the paint stick?
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Geoff Ringle

Chester,  Model 350ish.  From what I can tell the 280 is basically the same but single rear axle.

Ray, I soaked the chrome wheels in household bleach (covered container) for 20 minutes or so and all the chrome disappeared. Must have gone into solution because there was no sludge.

Chuck Doan

Beautiful work Geoff!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/