• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

'Blood and Custard' or 'on yer trike'

Started by turtle, December 04, 2014, 06:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turtle

Hi all,
being as this is a predominantly rail based forum I thought I'd better tow the line and have dragged out this stalled project  :-\, I wasn't sure I still had it till this afternoon I found it again while looking for something else  :).
Scammell Scarab @ 24th scale, kitbash/scratchbuild or whatever. The project stalled as I couldn't figure out the chassis angles at the front, however with a slight mind-set change I'm hoping to breathe life back into it and finish it and few other 'stalled projects'  :D (I'm sure we've all said that before  ;D).

Here's the 1:1 in BRS colours i.e. Blood and Custard:

and the start of the project - a cab and parts scrounged off a friend (I'm a cheap bugger  :D):

and the first modifications being vac-forming a nose piece and rear wall:

and a bit of hacking about:

and the area that caused the 'stalling' the chassis, after a couple of failed attempts this was quietly packed away and forgotten. So here's a couple of shots of the 1:1 chassis:

Credits to unknown photographers.

This time I'm determined not to be beaten and to finish this little beastie.
To be continued _ _ _ _

Chuck Doan

Another great one Roger. You have a lot of things going!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Awesome project, and a very interesting, unusual prototype!

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

marc_reusser

Lovely plastic work, and SBS pics. Really enjoy seeing and learning how you go about approaching and accomplishing things.
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

turtle

Quote from: Chuck Doan on December 04, 2014, 07:56:55 PMAnother great one Roger. You have a lot of things going!

:D Short attention span and easily bored so tend to bounce between a few projects  ;).

Cheers to all for the comments. I'm determined this time not to let a few angles beat me, even if I have to resort to "Plan B"  ;D

Barney

Nice in fact very very nice "inspired" same problem here to one project to the next and with a bit of luck one gets finished
Barney

LesTindall

Trying a "trike" myself at the moment (in 1/35th).  Stevens built these in the 30's in Wolverhampton using motor bike parts.  Very basic but full of character.  Another couple of weeks and it should start to look like something.

Les

turtle

Hi Les,
I was only recently looking at photos and info of those the other week and thought it would be an interesting project for someone  ;), how's it going ?.

LesTindall

Hi Roger
progress pics of the Stevens 3-wheeler.  It started with a Bronco Triumph motor bike kit (which contains two bikes, saves having to pay for an extra kit for just one wheel). The kits has p.e. spokes which makes for nice detail on the wheels.    Also used part of the engine. The rest is bits from the scrap box and styrene.  Its going to be lettered for "Yelfs Brewery".  Here on the Isle of Wight Yelfs Hotel is still there (in Ryde) but the brewery went years ago. 
Les

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

finescalerr

Are the spokes an aftermarket accessory or did you etch them yourself? -- Russ

LesTindall

The etched spokes come as part of the kit Bronco kit.

Les

Juke Joint

turtle

I like it  :), always had a soft spot for the 'quirky' vehicles. Looking forward to updates.