• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

POSTING PHOTOS

Started by Barney, April 26, 2015, 05:00:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

After the recent rollicking and threats of removing all of my Jpegs from our man at the top - A little help is required - correction a massive help is required !! I have looked at the "how to send photos But it makes little sense to me as It is done for a PC not an Apple - it did not make sense when I had Windows ! Hence the signing up with FOTKI which made life easier - if I send a photo using the Apple way the photo appears as a full page massive photo - in the book "Macs for Dummies" (and believe me this is what your dealing with )
it says -Given the market dominance of that other operating systems its a fair bet that your sending attachments to a Windows user and that you should clue recipients in ahead of time when you are sending them a large file - a statement that confuses me even more !!!!
So is there any body out there who can guide me through the wilderness of a how to send photos to this forum
using an Apple machine -bearing in mind I don't know the difference between a JPEG or a CLOTHES PEG and that I have recently changed to an APPLE computer That I still don't know what the hell its up to most of the time.You known there are times I feel that I was not meant for this world ! 
Barney
woke up this morning with no headache - read the post on the forum and got an headache

jim s-w

If you dont have any software that lets you resize your pictures try emailing it to yourself first. When you attach an image to an email you can resize it using the little menu on the bottom right of your message.

About 800 px wide should be ok.

HTH

Jim
Jim Smith-Wright

finescalerr

Jim, thanks for that tip. If there's a simple way to resize images I'll never have to write a "meanie post" again. -- Russ

finescalerr

I just tried Jim's trick and it works well.

Barney, I don't know whether you're on an earlier OS, Mavericks, or Yosemite. On my Mac's e-mail program (Yosemite OS X 10.10.3) when I attach an image a little "Image Size" menu appears at the upper right of my message. It allows you to send the image actual size, medium, or small. I chose medium and the file size was knocked down to 111kb, just about perfect for our antiquated forum software.

Russ

Barney

Jim & Russ - Thanks for that one - I will give it a whirl -
Barney

Chuck Doan

Barney, you can make an album in Fotki and set the size for all the photos in it. Look for album properties, then "advanced properties". 650 X 650 is a good size for here. Then copy those resized photos back to your computer for posting.  You can set that album as hidden and just use it for resizing and storage.
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/