• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

1950 Ford F1 Pick Up (1/25 Scale)

Started by marc_reusser, October 19, 2013, 05:07:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voyager

Sorry to be late to this party! I bought the book last week for my birthday and so I'm very pleased to have these extra steps to look at. I have only glanced at most of the book and while the pictures are beautiful, the written descriptions in the first build of the VW bus are lacking (being kind) for a book at this price and aimed at this level of detailing.

Marc, this must be the best detailed 1/25th model car I have seen. I have seen some models with more details added but they don't necessarily add anything to the completed item. Throwing etched badges and resin aftermarket parts at a model without thinking of the final effect isn't always the best way. Unfortunately, Marc, you hit the nail on the head with your summing up of vehicle modelling (I include truck modelling in this) and it is a catch 22 situation. Because most vehicle modellers are happy to accept poor detailing from the manufacturer with soft mouldings, poor scaling or over thick sections and details such as wipers moulded in then that is what we get. Yes, Tamiya and Fujimi etc do much more to address this but the subject matter (Ferraris and such) just don't do it for me I'm afraid!

I am a member of a few model car forums and they do like their shiney, over polished bodies with thickly chromed parts badly fitted to the body because you can't make them fit for fear of damaging the chrome!

Thanks again for taking the time Marc (and Gordon, get that Trabant finished ;D)
Andrew

If it has wheels, I'll have a look!

voyager

I should have saved the pictures! I know this thread is 18 months old but I was just going to steal some ideas.... ;D
Andrew

voyager

Thanks to Gordon for pointing out where I can find them!
Andrew

Mr Potato Head

are you going to keep it a secret? please tell us how rabble like us can also see the pictures too
thanks
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

voyager

On Marc's Facebook page in his albums  ;D
Andrew

Mr Potato Head

Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho