• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Early Storage Battery mine locos

Started by Barney, August 20, 2015, 08:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

Can any one point me in the right direction for information / drawings / photos of early American built Storage Battery Mining locos I have plenty on British and European types but only this Grandt Line 1/4 scale version Im not sure if its a prototype or freelance version but its this sort of thing Im looking for
hope to build it in 16mm to the foot scale
Barney

chrismears

I'm sure I've seen a drawing of these...somewhere. If I can find it I'll post either the drawing or at least the location.

If close enough here is good enough I'd be happy to create a drawing based on the one you posted from Grandt Line as a start at least.

/chris

Mr Potato Head

Home stake Mining company also Atlas Locomotive
MPH
Gil Flores
In exile in Boise Idaho

Ray Dunakin

I got a lot of photos of a battery mine tram on my recent Nevada trip. It was stored, intact, at one of the old mines I visited.

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Barney

Thanks to you all for the help - also given this one some nice stuff on it http://americanindustrialmining.com/locomotive-builders
Barney

Barney

Thanks Frank lots of nice stuff on that one - waiting for bits for my Battery box critter so I thought I would have a go at this one a RUTH MINING COMPANY
loco lots of variations from Fordson powered to all sizes of diesel engines I'v gone for a 3 cylinder diesel in 16mm scale
Barney

finescalerr

Are the driver centers resin or wood? -- Russ

Barney

Mr Russ
The wheel centers are filled with Milliput - the wheels started off as curly spoke type but the right Diameter and I had them in stock !
When it all progresses a little more I will start a new topic in Modellers at work
Barney

finescalerr

A very clever and well executed solution, young Barney. -- Russ