• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Llags Creek still has Point Slide Rail Braces Available

Started by Jim Kottkamp, January 30, 2016, 02:40:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Kottkamp

Rail Braces make a realistic addition for turnouts for dioramas or close up viewing areas.  Llagas Creek Railways still produces Rail Braces for Code 215 and 250 rail.  Their new web page does not show Rail Braces, however, if you send an email to llagascreekrailways@gmail.com Bryan Dickson will cast them for you.  Each rail brace costs $2.50.

finescalerr

That's your indoor track work, right? Are you going to be that meticulous outdoors where the elements ultimately will destroy your hard work? -- Russ

Jim Kottkamp

Russ,

Yes these are indoor turnouts on the Ridgway diorama.  I will also use rail braces on a number of Llagas Creek turnouts outside - but only for the turnouts that are up close to the edge of the garden railway.  Llagas Creek uses plastic ties that hold up well in the elements.

finescalerr

I used Llagas Creek track exclusively for my 1:32 and 1:20.3 diorama photography. No other plastic tiestrip looks better. -- Russ