• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Rugby Locomotive testing station as role model

Started by Rik Martens, October 27, 2018, 11:36:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rik Martens

Hello,

Two weeks ago the brand new layout "RIMKOV" has been presented on the
" 9de Grote modelspoor expo " in Leuven near Brussels, Belgium.
This expo is organized by the Belgian magazine "Modelspoor magazine" every two years.
RIMKOV is the name of the layout who's inspired by the Rugby locomotive testing station in the U.K.
The name Rimkov is a mix of the names of the builders Rik Martens and Koen Vermeulen.
It would be great if I would receive some feedback.
Keep in mind that I had to do without a drawing ore detaild information.

RIMKOV  :  
https://youtu.be/yH9m3viJ828

RIMKOV The making of  :
https://youtu.be/CChehooFhEk

The original footage of the "Rugby locomotive testing station" :  
https://youtu.be/Teuko347ezM

Greetings, Rik Martens

finescalerr

Hauk

Fantastic project!
A truly original idea executed brilliantly.
Thank you for sharing the videos. I will buy the magazines with the articles as well. Do you know in what issues the articles will be published?

And what an  excellent idea for displaying steam engine models. I understand that the engine in this diorama is a permanent part of the display, but how about an "universal" diorama where you can adapt the setup for any steam engine in your collection?
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Rik Martens

Quote from: Hauk on October 28, 2018, 02:09:37 AM
Fantastic project!
A truly original idea executed brilliantly.
Thank you for sharing the videos. I will buy the magazines with the articles as well. Do you know in what issues the articles will be published?

And what an  excellent idea for displaying steam engine models. I understand that the engine in this diorama is a permanent part of the display, but how about an "universal" diorama where you can adapt the setup for any steam engine in your collection?

Normaly the Making of serie start begin next year. It wil be a series on a monthly base named "RIMKOV The making of". Column: Practice.
Normaly the scale where I'm working in is 1:87 HO. So this is the only engine in this scale (1:32) I have. In Europ scale 1:32 is very expensive. If you buy this engine in fine scale it kost about 3300 Euro.
The model in the RIMKOV layout cost 350 Euro without motor. It was of course not so detailed as the expensieve one but with some extra efforts I could make it look beter. Normaly the motor is in the tender but the tests where always without the tender. I had to biuld the motor on the engine my self.

Thanks for the feadback !  :)

Lawton Maner

This is a wonderful execution of a rarely seen piece of the railroad industry.  I can't match this level of modeling, so I think I'll just quit modeling and start collecting empty beer cans one recycling bin at a time.  ;D ;D ;D

Ray Dunakin

Wow, that is a very, very cool and impressive model! I also enjoyed seeing the video of the prototype.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Greg Hile

Yes, that was quite impressive! I, too, am looking forward to the upcoming magazine articles ...

Bill Gill