• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Big Boy Tour

Started by Dave Fischer, October 19, 2019, 11:37:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Fischer

I hope everyone within driving distance got (or gets) to see the restored UP #4014 Big Boy as it travels the US on the 150th anniversary of the completion of the first transcontinental railroad. We saw it in Tucson on the 17th, and drove the 45 miles east to Benson to watch it again. Large happy crowds at both stops. A close-up blast from that whistle (CHIME, sorry...) is a life-changer.   DF   

Ray Dunakin

I would love to see it, and hope that someday I might get the chance. But the logistics for me are very complicated.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Scratchman

Here's  4014 in Provo, Utah. The loco was here in the middle of the week for two days, open to the public from 9 in the morning to 3 afternoon. I walked six blocks while the tire place was fixing a tire on my car.

Gordon Birrell

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gordonbirrell/

finescalerr

I hope you were able to ride the train back to your car. -- Russ