• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

A 1918 Doane, Model HP, Low-Bed 6-Ton Truck in 1:16 scale

Started by Scratchman, December 14, 2007, 05:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scratchman

Got the wheels finished, and here's four pics of the truck sitting on my diorama. 140 Parts.

Gordon Birrell

finescalerr

Can you say "awesome"? Can you spell "article"? -- Russ

TRAINS1941

Just "AWESOME".  The whole scene is just what you would expect.  Russ is right can you say "ARTICLE".
That was a great thread Gordon can't wait for more to come from you. Your work is just unbelievable.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

John McGuyer

Stunning!!!! When you say article, I gotta have a copy.

John

Scratchman

The pervious photos, of the Doane, on the diorama were taken in a dark room using one enlarger lamp ( ECA 250W 120V 3200K).  The following group was taken in the shade on a sunny day. This model has 2900 parts and it?s the first time I counted parts on a model since my Michigan-California Shay#2 back in 1972. It was a lot fun sharing this with the group. I will be starting a new thread on my next model, a Lombard Auto Type Tractor Standard 10-ton tractor converted into a rail truck.  Plans are from the Sept-Oct 2007 NG&SL Gazette.

Gordon Birrell

finescalerr

John McGuyer

Just please don't tell us you also need new glasses. That you can't see so your next will be better. We couldn't handle that.

John

Scratchman

Matthew, over on the Railroad Line Forum, took and posted these photos on my Doane thread.
http://picasaweb.google.com/Mat2Graff/OldTrucks
Picasa Web Albums - Matthew - Old trucks
Gordon Birrell

Scratchman

I have decided to post this on this thread, and not start a new one. It goes along with my previous post. Just for us old truck lovers.

http://www.federalmotortrucks.com/images/federal/index_pics.htm

Gordon Birrell