• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

This weekends find

Started by Hauk, March 01, 2021, 05:22:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shropshire lad

Quote from: Hauk on March 02, 2021, 11:08:18 PM
Quote from: Chuck Doan on March 02, 2021, 06:28:13 PM
What a great weekend!

It sure was.
After another week in almost solitary confinement at the home office it is nice to break away for a couple of days.
And it seems that due to the EU messing up the vaccine procurement deals, the Covid restrictions will continue well past the summer... But I should not complain, the infection rates in Norway are among the lowest in Europe, and the restrictions far less severe than in most countries.

Anyone gotten their jab, by the way?

Having my first one next week .

Nick

WP Rayner

Quote from: Hauk on March 02, 2021, 11:08:18 PM

Anyone gotten their jab, by the way?

Nope, believe we're looking at sometime in June or July for our age group. Canada is well behind most of the rest of the world in the vaccination process and our province is behind most of the rest of Canada. There are some supply issues here and definite logistical issues due to the remoteness of much of the population, but in typical fashion, the politicians are too busy blaming each other rather than getting on with the task at hand.
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

finescalerr

California is in the same kind of government/political mess as Paul. It is almost impossible to get an appointment but my current female spouse somehow managed to book me one on February 19. I drove half an hour and when I showed up they said, "Didn't you get our message? We have no vaccine because of a big snow storm in the Midwest." Of course I didn't get a message and so far they still don't have enough vaccine to reschedule me. -- Russ

WP Rayner

Quote from: finescalerr on March 03, 2021, 11:48:35 AM
but my current female spouse -- Russ

Your "current" spouse... how often do you change them?  ;)
Paul

Stay low, keep quiet, keep it simple, don't expect too much, enjoy what you have.

shropshire lad

Quote from: WP Rayner on March 03, 2021, 12:59:50 PM
Quote from: finescalerr on March 03, 2021, 11:48:35 AM
but my current female spouse -- Russ

Your "current" spouse... how often do you change them?  ;)

I think you'll find they change him !

Lawton Maner

Went to my GP last Thursday for a normal checkup and was asked if I had gotten a jab.  Answer was no.  Told to ask when I checked out.  Took 2 minutes to get on the list for last Saturday and it took 45 minutes to get that afternoon.  Seamless operation.  Second jab on 20 March.   ;D ;D ;D

Ray Dunakin

Great bridge, and thanks for the additional photos of the hydro building.

Cris and I got our first shots (Moderna) four weeks ago. We're scheduled to get the second shot on Friday.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

I´m a little jealous to hear how many of you that has already received the jab, or will get it in the near future. I will probably not get the first shot until June.
I am not about to get deep into politics, but it is obvious to me that that the EU has negotiated a very bad deal with the vaccine producers. The UK has administered more than three times as many doses as the EU.

But I will stop my whining now. No infections among friends and family, and my 80+ parents has received both doses. The home office is cozy enough and the workshop is full of materials and tools, and my head is full of possible projects. It could definitively be worse.

Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past

Ray Dunakin

Last Friday we got our second Moderna shot. We were warned that it would probably have more side effects than the first, which never bothered us at all. After the second shot, we were fine for 24 hours, then I felt kind of sore all over, tired, and had a headache. Similar to a very mild flu. Cris just felt tired and a slight headache. Another 24 hours later and we were as good as new.
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Hauk

Quote from: Ray Dunakin on March 12, 2021, 10:21:17 PM
Last Friday we got our second Moderna shot. We were warned that it would probably have more side effects than the first, which never bothered us at all. After the second shot, we were fine for 24 hours, then I felt kind of sore all over, tired, and had a headache. Similar to a very mild flu. Cris just felt tired and a slight headache. Another 24 hours later and we were as good as new.

Good to hear! The media blows up every story on negative side effects to the level where you are led to believe that the vaccine is worse than the disease.

I can't wait to get my jab!
Regards, Hauk
--
"Yet for better or for worse we do love things that bear the marks of grime, soot, and weather, and we love the colors and the sheen that call to mind the past that made them"  -Junichiro Tanizaki

Remembrance Of Trains Past