• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

small details on the C&V RR

Started by Bill Gill, November 07, 2023, 07:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Gill

Time available for modeling continues to be hit or miss, but here are a couple small projects recently done that at least are advancing some progress (and it's nice to see some details filling in as previously imagined).

A pair of utility poles from bamboo skewers and Rix crossarms
C&V utility poles s copy 2.jpeg

A J.L.Innovations gas pump with a little extra work
Mobil at Elmer's 3s.jpeg

Mobilgas

I like the Mobil tanker filling the tank at the small country store  ;D
Craig

Bill Gill

Thanks, Craig, guess that's a natural for you  ;D .

My son had a job for several summers at a little Mobil station on a small island when he was in college. The tanker and pump mark that experience.

finescalerr

The utility poles, and the entire scene, look very good. Thanks for posting. -- Russ

Ray Dunakin

Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

Bill Gill

Thanks, Russ & Ray. It's small stuff, but it's stuff getting done.

Bill Gill

Another tiny project to keep things moving forward.
With winter around the corner the pulpwood crew is taking a break from splitting firewood.
Not the best photo. Tried to use the low sun coming through the window but wound up needing to do a lot futzing to get something "passable".
firewood 3s.jpeg

Les Tindall

"futzing"? Couldn't find that in my dictionary. Oh well, I've been futzing with my sternwheeler model for over two years now!😉

Bill Gill

Les Tindall

Thanks Bill, it confirms I've been futzing with my model then.🙃