• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Looking For Help

Started by Lawton Maner, June 24, 2024, 05:05:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawton Maner

Back in the 1970s there was a company based in Summit, NJ, USA called San Juan Engineering.  It offered for sale a number of craftsman kits based on buildings and bridges from the Colorado narrow gauge country.  From a recent contact the name of the owner was Don Brown.
     I am trying to find information on what it made, when the kits were in production, and if possible copies of the plan sheet included with each kit.  Once I've acquired all I can find, I intend to send everything to the NMRA's library so that all have access to the files.  So far I have plan sheets from 6 of their kits and 2 advertisements in the model press, 1 from the company and 1 from a vendor offering a kit for sale.
     Any help from the forum in solving this mystery will be greatly appreciated. 

finescalerr

Doug Junda and Bob Stears bought San Juan, Grandt Line, and some other companies. They are good guys and know their stuff. Mailing address: 8141 N I-70 Frontage Rd, Suite 5, Arvada, CO 80002. Phone: 303-284-5072. Website: https://sanjuandetails.com. -- Russ