• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Auxiliary tender

Started by lucas gargoloff, January 28, 2009, 07:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lucas gargoloff

Hi guys!! A couple of month ago I started this auxiliary tender, based on a model built by Chuck Doan I saw in his page, I was impressed and try to do my own version.
Frame is wood with Grandt NBWs, Boggies are Frateshi made in Brazil modified. The tank I have to scratch entirely and add wing nuts at the top, thye´re from Grandt Line. Air Hoses are from PSC. Stirups steps and brake sta are from Grandt too.
I still working in it and have a lot of work to complete.
Hope you enjoy!

Lucas Gargoloff - Argentina

marc_reusser

Lucas,

Neat project. I like the general design, feel an proportions. I like the ladder, landing and dome details/construction.

There are two things that for me detract a bit from the build/model.  IMO The wood coloring is a bit too yellow, consistant in color/finsih, and a bit too contrasty between the yellowish and blackish graining.  The other think is the thickness of the paint...are you brush applying or airbrushing?.....it just seems a bit heavy/thick, and you seem to be starting to loose some of the fine detail you worked so hard to do.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lucas gargoloff

Yes, you´re right Marc. The tank is not attached yet to the frame, so, I can remove for give a tratment to the wood as you said. I sprayed the model with an airbrish in black acrilic with Tamiya colors. Perhaps I didn´t realize some details with the just thickness, for that reason they are lowers. I failed at this point... grrrrr. But anyway, your words helps me a lot for keep on going more stronger than before!!!
Thank you very much!

scrappy1

i really like it and like to biuld one too but set it up as a sprayer to water down the track on those hot & dry summer days.Keep up the good work

John McGuyer

Lucas,

What I particularly like is that you have the hangers for the brakes on the end of the sideframes. I have archbar trucks from 3 different manufactures in 1/20.3, all of which have outboard brakes and none have any mounting. They are just hung out there in space. It's the little things.

John

lucas gargoloff

Thanks John!! Those brake hangers are modifications I have to do, boggies are H0 and was like so little, with this modeification I did, it changes its looks.

lucas gargoloff

Hi guys, the tender is finished, here is meeting the Forney #78 in a set made for take this pics. Am thinking now wich will be the next project... a caboose maybe.
Cheers!
Lucas

marc_reusser

Looking good. I think the weathering and deck re-coloring really helped. The tar/oil bucket rings on the deck are a nice touch.  Maybe consider some chips or wear on the brake wheel rim, lader rungs, and stirrup steps......the areas that get a lot of wear/contact/handling.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

lab-dad

What a difference!
Much improved.
I'm glad you were able to make the changes, really turned out good.
-Marty

lucas gargoloff

Thanks guys! I took the conseils from the masters!!

LLOYD

Howdy,

very fine works, I like the size and proportion and details of your tank car!
TipTop!
Lloyd