• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

The Radiating Axle

Started by RoughboyModelworks, October 24, 2009, 08:42:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc_reusser

Paul,

I found this image of a discarded Klein-Linder axle on the web:

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

RoughboyModelworks

That's great, thanks Marc. It appears to be a little worse for wear... I checked out the photographer's site hoping to find some additional shots, but no luck. I did find a couple of very nice shots showing a Klein-Lindner being rebuilt, but unfortunately they were only thumbnails, no large version available, so relatively useless as reference photos. It appeared though that the split bell-housing castings were either bronze or brass from their appearance in the photos...

Paul

RoughboyModelworks

Marc:

Here are those other pictures I was referring to.. full size! They came from the Sandstone Heritage Trust site. Some other excellent photos on the site if you have the patience to find them - site navigation is atrocious.

Paul

marc_reusser

Cool rebuild pics....too bad about the size though.

...interesting/diverse site...but yes a navigation PIA.

MR
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

james_coldicott

Hi Guys,

should anyone be interested in buying a loco with a similar (luttermoler) axle system there are several 2 foot gauge Orenstein and koppel loco's for sale here in the UK.

Link here:

http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/locomotives.htm

(scroll down to get to the loco's) there is some more info on the drive and axle system here:

http://www.dself.dsl.pipex.com/MUSEUM/LOCOLOCO/luttermoller/luttermoller.htm

I don't have any connection with the company selling this stuff but for those with big bucks who want some big toys...!

James

RoughboyModelworks

Thanks for the links James. Interesting stuff, but definitely way out of my financial league. I'm disappointed that the Krauss 0-4-0 is sold. Would have looked great in the driveway, though I don't think I'd have much luck getting right-of-way into downtown so I could commute to work on it. Just as well, the wheels would probably be stolen off it round here... ;D

Paul