• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Test photos – EBT hopper

Started by Geoff Ringle, March 16, 2010, 02:36:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Ringle

I just got a roll of white seamless and went outside to take some quick test shots in preparation for documenting some of the work that I did this winter. 

I did a little grinding on some of my Bachmann hoppers to simulate the commonly rusted out areas.  The weathered mouse from the 2010 The Modelers Annual provided inspiration...

Geoff

Geoff Ringle

a couple more...

Chuck Doan

That is very tasty looking! How many more are you going to do?
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

Ray Dunakin

Nice weathering, looks authentic!
Visit my website to see pics of the rugged and rocky In-ko-pah Railroad!

Ray Dunakin's World

TRAINS1941

Great job on the hoppers.  Looking forward to more of your work.

Jerry
Why isn't there mouse-flavored cat food?
George Carlin

Geoff Ringle

Thanks guys,
I have a string of 4 Bachmann 2 bays, 2 Bachmann 3 bays (made by grafting some 2 bays) and one RY Models 3 bay hopper that have been weathered for rock service.   
Over the winter, I got into production mode and fabricated proper EBT style working coupler lift bars that operate Accucraft 1/32 scale couplers. 

I have some RY hoppers that I will weather for coal service... just getting up the nerve to start that project. Geoff

RoughboyModelworks

Very nice work Geoff. The photos, in the words of our noble leader, are satisfactory too.

Paul

finescalerr

That's the way to take the ball and run with it, Geoff. Is the rust really that red or is it the way the camera processes color? -- Russ

Geoff Ringle

Quote from: finescalerr on March 17, 2010, 12:54:13 AM
Is the rust really that red or is it the way the camera processes color? -- Russ
Not that red, seems to change with camera settings.  For instance, the second photo posted is better than the last one.  I am still figuring out the white balance and metering while using the white background. Geoff

marc_reusser

Neat model and nice paint work. Thanks for posting those. Look forward to more of your work.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

Russell

Well done Geoff, subtle and effective. Makes me want to haul mine out. However the coal would not prtobably create such a dusty effect.

Russell