• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

Luca Zampriolo Mecha Models

Started by JESTER, July 25, 2011, 10:14:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JESTER

I saw him at SDCC and he had 2 of his models.

http://www.kallamity.com/

Here's a 3D pic I took:

-

marc_reusser

Looks cool, but I cant see it that well, as I don't have 3D glasses, or 3D monitor...and I can't cross my eyes that far. ;D

M
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

finescalerr

JESTER

I redid the top image and have another one of the District 9 Exo-Suit. The weathering on this is really nicely done.
The 3D is one of my best so far.

-

michael mott

Jester for those of us who have not mastered the art of "Three Dee" vision with our own eyes your pictures are blurry and difficult to look at, do us a favour and present them in 2D that is if you would like some comments that are complimentary or critical. otherwise carry on and speak to a very limited audience. I for one would like to see what you have made. Along time ago in a far away world I worked at building sets for 2001 a Space Odyssey.

Michael

JohnP

Is there a source of info on making and viewing this type of photo? I can't imagine the spectacles are that expensive. Where can you get them?

Remember, 3D photos come from way back in time- you are probably familiar with the stereograph view cards from the late 1800's of western railroads etc. Maybe Russ could feature them in the books or on-line -- what a cool way to study a Gordon or Chuck creation as well as the Jester's.

John
John Palecki

JESTER

JohnP, Amazon has them cheap. I've made stereograms also but I love the anaglyph the best!! I also have a very small collection of vintage Stereograms.

Micheal, if only a few people enjoy this then I hope they like it! I assume that FichtenFoo and Marc Reusser would be the two who would!

If you don't have 3D glasses, you can get them for about a dollar at some of the party stores. It's a wonderfull world.

-

pwranta193

First off - I love Luca's work... his Schnabbles and stuff would be the only thing that interest me in the Mecha side enough that I would buy anything (okay - that may not be entirely true, I have purchases a couple of MaK sets). He has a way of making the back pieces and the cables and piping 'tween the armor look organic that I don't think anyone else has pulled off.

I dug out a set of 3D glasses left over from, umm, that historical series on the architectural history of the Vatican that was showing at the Oregon Museum of Science and Industry.  Or maybe it was Harry Potter... or Thor... or that one with the hot blue chick... but I digress.

They didn't work.  Am I not holding my face the right way?
Paul

"Did I mention this is a bad idea?"

JESTER

This is an anaglyph so you need the red/blue glasses. If you have the 3D Imax or movie type then they use a different technology.

I know these 2 images both work. Red lens on Left eye and Blue lens on the Right.