• Welcome to Westlake Publishing Forums.

News:

REGARDING MEMBERSHIP ON THIS FORUM: Due to spam, our server has disabled the forum software to gain membership. The only way to become a new member is for you to send me a private e-mail with your preferred screen name (we prefer you use your real name, or some variant there-of), and email adress you would like to have associated with the account.  -- Send the information to:  Russ at finescalerr@msn.com

Main Menu

new layout : vulcan iron works at gn15

Started by franckcombe, September 26, 2010, 05:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

franckcombe

Hi,

I began a layout called vulcan iron works at on30 scale. But I stopped it as soon as I got the  a virus called gn15.
The size of the layout is  140 cm by 45 cm plus the extension (fiddle yard).

Finally last year I choose to convert it in gn15 scale . Glen Anthony gave me the idea to re-use some  buildings and trimmed  the doors. I just remove definitively out of scale, I trim all the others doors to resize it, I remove all the corrugated iron out of scale to add new one and I removed the lamps and add new ones.

Here the result. The layout is not completely finished : I have to add figures, details, ...

marc_reusser

Very cool looking little layout. I like the logo of the man (how did you do that?)...but IMO the rounded bulbous letters bother me, they are not what would typically be associated with an industrial functional font and sign....I think they would be better as flat.

What are the blue acrylic sided "trays"?...are they part of a transfet table?

Look forward to seeing more of this project.

Marc
I am an unreliable witness to my own existence.

In the corners of my mind there is a circus....

M-Works

franckcombe

I found the logo on the book, I resize, print it and stick it on a sheet of plastic. I cut it carefully with an x-to and i removed the paper.

For the letter, I agree with you. It's a judicious remark .

The blue acrylic sided "trays" are in fact removable  transfer cassette.

franckcombe

I took some outdoor shoots with a good camera

this is the aerial view of the layout with the explanation of the various buildings

franckcombe

Chuck Doan

The outdoor shots really show off your nice coloring!
"They're most important to me. Most important. All the little details." -Joseph Cotten, Shadow of a Doubt

http://public.fotki.com/ChuckDoan/model_projects/

franckcombe